Backup your Azure Stack with the Azure Backup!
A massive update for Azure! Customers tenants can now backup app consistent data of their Azure Stack VM’s using the Microsoft Azure Backup Server. This allows for data recoveries and data to be stored for long term retention and offside copy needs.
How it works:
App Consistent Workloads running in Azure Stack VMs backup to the Azure Backup Server. They then have short-term storage on Azure stack and finally they have long term storage in Azure and the recovery services vault.
- Consistent Backups
- Backups can be made for SQL, Exchange and SharePoint. This process has app constant backups and insures that every Backup flushes the memory so no IOs become pending. That means your applications will remain consistent at any time of the backups. Another point would be that App backups of your applications will insure your data is recovered which is valid and orderly correct.
- Item Level Recovery
- Quick operation recoveries can be performed directly from the Microsoft Azure Backup Server. Item Level Recovery means customers can recover singular files form a 50GB backup can be selected instead of recovering the whole volume.
- Long term retention of offsite copies in Azure
- Most customers have the requirement of having an off-site copy of their data in case of unexpected issues like a datacentre going down. In some cases long term retention is a requirement. With the integration with Azure customers no longer need to worry about managing tapes and hard drives, they can also recover any data necessary when needed.
- Centralised view in Azure
- With Azure Backup customers can view all of their Microsoft Azure Backup servers, the items they are protecting and the storage they consume all in one centralised place. This allows for data management of all Azure Backup entities, this includes Azure VMs, systems protected with the MARS agent and SQL in Azure VMs all in a centralised place.
- Security Features
- Azure Backup is designed to protect customers data from attacks, this also helps customers recover by using their three point strategy (Prevention, Alerting and Recovery). This ensures that major changes require MFA, another feature is that data is stored for 14 days after deletion allowing customers to recover from cloud backups.