We had an issue recently trying to RDP to our newly created TMG server. We had allowed the machine we were using to connect to the server in the TMG’s Server System policy.
When running logging in TMG we could see the RDP server hitting the server but then immediately getting a closed connection with the following message “A connection was abortively closed after one of the peers sent an RST packet”
1. First Log onto your TMG Server
2. Right-click the highlighted icon and choose “Open Network and Sharing Center”
3. If you then choose “Change Adapter Settings”
4. If you know right click the Adapter for you Internal Network named LAN and press properties and make note of the name of the adapter.
5. If we now go to START > Administrative Tools > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Host Configuration
6. You Should see a connection named RDP-Tcp if you select this and then Disable and Re-enable the connection
7. If you know right click the connection named RDP-Tcp and choose properties
8. If you then navigate to the Network Adapter tab and choose the Internal Network adapter we found out in Step 4 and choose ok
9. If you then disable and re-enable the connection again
After this all worked again even after a reboot