System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection (previously known as Forefront Endpoint Protection) Release Candidates are now available for download.
New features in the release candidate include:
- Improved endpoint protection functionality, with integrated setup, management and reporting of System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection. (see below)
- Improved application catalog design that provides a better, more responsive experience when requesting and downloading applications.
- New support for Windows Embedded devices, including Windows Embedded 7 SP1, POS-Ready 7, Windows 7 Think PC, and Windows Embedded Compact 7.
- Improved compliance enforcement and tracking, with the ability to create dynamic collections of baseline compliance and generate hourly compliance summaries.
- Platform support for deep mobile device management of Nokia Symbian Belle devices. Pending a platform update by Nokia later this calendar year for these devices, customers will be able to try out the management of Nokia devices with Configuration Manager.