We had an issue recently with one of our Windows 2008 R2 servers , where after reboot the server did not come back up and showed the following error “BOOTMGR is Missing”
I fixed the by recreating the Boot Configuration Data Store.
- Insert 2008 R2 media and boot onto it
- Choose Repair and System Recovery Tool
- Choose Command Prompt
- Run the Following commands
Rename c:bootBCD bcd.old
Bootrec / RebuildBcd
Bootrec / FIXMBR
Bootrec / FixBoot
- Reboot Server and all should be ok
- If Server has the Hyper-v role installed make sure to run “bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto” and reboot.
After this all should be up and Running